Happy Easter Monday for those inclined to treat yesterday’s Christian feast as the beginning of a season.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* Gotta say, when you feel compelled to hire a psychologist to evaluate your Sunday Show’s ratings-poor host, as NBC has done with David Gregory, it might be time to give him a little less job security.
* Two vacant spots on the Board of Governors could give progressives chance to shape Fed.
* TNR’s Brian Beutler thinks brightening picture for Obamacare could destroy GOP’s midterm strategy.
* Greg Brannon, who could well be GOP Senate nominee in pivotal NC, seemed to be sympathetic to 9/11 “truther” argument as recently as 2012.
* Ta-Nehisi Coates declares “the struggle for integration…largely over.”
And in non-political news:
* “Hurricane” Carter dies at 76.
As we break for lunch, here’s Brownie McGhee with Sonny Terry performing “Cornbread and Peas.”