Blogging from a downtown Atlanta hotel lobby at present, and realizing I no longer know any of the restaurants in the area.
Here are some fresh midday news/views treats you can consume while I google food options in own my home town:
* Pew publishes one of its big and influential political typology studies. More on that later.
* SCOTUS unanimously rules Massachusetts “buffer zone” law protecting patients at abortion clinics from antichoice protesters is too restrictive. Big win for fetus-poster wielders.
* Bloomberg’s Big Gulp ban loses its final New York State court test.
* TNR’s Isaac Chotiner interviews Thomas Ricks about the grim options U.S. faces in Iraq.
* Todd Akin speaks! He regrets nothing, of course.
And in non-political news:
* US loses to Germany in World Cup, but still advances to knockout round.
As we break for lunch, here’s The Clash performing “Lost in the Supermarket” shortly before Mick Jones fired from the band.