Really annoyed that Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black didn’t get nominated for an Emmy. What on earth does it take if playing eight roles almost flawlessly doesn’t qualify? Can’t a Seestrah get a break?
Here are some non-Emmy-nominated midday news/views treats:
* Timothy Jost predicts Supremes will not kill Obamacare subsidies on “semantics” grounds.
* Ann Coulter, clearly fronting for “Republican Establishment,” taunts Chris McDaniel with career disaster if he doesn’t drop challenge to Cochran.
* Boeher’s sue-Obama ploy seems to be winning over House conservatives, even if opinion-leaders hate it.
* Julian Zelizer argues Watergate changed Americans’ perceptions of their government for good.
* At the Prospect, Peter Montgomery makes the case that Justice Alito’s presence on the Supreme Court is the Federalist Society’s greatest triumph.
And in non-political news:
* Millions of anchovies appear near California beaches. I like ’em better in the water than on pizzas.
As we break for lunch, here’s another simian-themed rock classic: The Kinks with “Ape Man,” in 1970. Includes one of the great romantic appeals: “I’ll keep you warm and you’ll keep me sane.”