Nothing like a Rant Against Santelli to end the day just right.
Here are some remains of the day:
* A very queasy-making Politico interview with the Cheney Bunch: Dick, Lynne and Liz.
* Dan Balz reminisces about his favorite campaign, the 1992 presidential contest.
* Good overview of American-facilitated Iron Dome missile defense system, which has helped Israel deal with 1,000 rocket attacks without (so far) a single fatality.
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell serves up a suggested summer reading list.
* At College Guide, Jackie Mader offers another sobering look at education in Mississippi, this time focusing on the uneven and inadequate access to technology.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Pretty serious rioting in Buenos Aires in midst of rally to celebrate World Cup near miss.
That’s it for Monday. We’ll close with one more Ramones song, about the joys of touring: “I Wanna Be Sedated,” performed in Finland in 1988.