Here are some remains of the day:
* Another plagiarism blowup, this time involving an editor at Buzzfeed.
* Once-promising bipartisan VA “fix” near collapse.
* Another botched lethal injection execution, this one in Arizona.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jim Sleeper examines the “Superman syndrome” among pundits ever agitating for U.S. military interventions.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the practicality–and justice–of asking grandparents to help pay for kids’ college educations.
And in non-political news:
* Essay on film/TV career of eccentric genius Mike Leach, football coach at Wazzou and pirate enthusiast.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with Magic Sam performing with Shakey Jake Harris live in Chicago in 1968: “Hate To See You Go.”