Lotta chores to do today before flying back to California, so I’ll probably stop a bit early and let you amuse yourselves for Happy Hour.
Here are some intoxicating midday news treats:
* House GOP leaders trying to pull together votes for last-second dual bills, one that would appropriate a pittance for refugee crisis resources, another that would shut down DACA. First a problem, second a symbolic nuisance.
* Ebola deaths top 700.
* Gaza “72-hour humanitarian truce” collapses almost immediately.
* Special session of Florida legislature to redraw congressional districts.
* Congress already planning October recess as it scurries to begin August recess.
And in non-political news:
* Batch of iPhone 6 rumors includes prediction new phone to debut on September 12.
As we break for lunch, here’s another bitter soldier song from World War I, “Hanging on the Old Barbed Wire.”