I’m really struggling today, sports fans, after a largely sleepless flu-ridden night. I should be over this by Monday, but forgive me my shortcomings today.
Here are some midday news/views munchies:
* TNR’s Danny Vinik documents the Tea Folks’ steady disillusionment with Paul Ryan.
* MSNBC’s Irin Carmon explains the Obama administration’s new “accomodations” to contraception coverage mandate.
* Lurid Republican ideas about child refugees continue to escalate, as Iowa GOP National Committeewoman Tamara Scott suggests the children could have been sent into U.S. as “highly trained warriors.”
* Bibi Netayahu may be target of criminal investigation of leak of high-level military briefing on costs of reoccupying Gaza.
* At the Prospect, Peter Montgomery explains why Dinesh D’Souza’s racist fantasy is at top of bestseller list.
And in non-political news:
* Jell-O sales continue to melt.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Robert Junior Lockwood with “Mean Black Spider.”