So don’t know if fall, or what passes for it in these days of climate change, has begun to arrive where you are. But here on the Central Coast, we’re having a heat wave: high tomorrow is 88. Have to open all the windows and take off the down vest.
Here are some toasty midday news/views items:
* Case heading to SCOTUS challenges constitutionality of independent redistricting commissions in the states.
* W. joins John McCain’s gloating that they were right calling for perpetual combat troop presence in Iraq. Ugh.
* No pre-existing ground game on either side in Kansas Senate race so big catch-up underway.
* E.J. Dionne examines Scott Brown’s use of the terrorism issue in NH.
* Kevin Drum suggests Tea Folk go after international bodies set up in trade agreements that override sovereignty.
And in non-political news:
* Michigan fans march on home of UM president, demanding firing of coach and athletic director after concussion furor.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Uncle Green, with “I Don’t Want To Know About it,” from the Book of Bad Thoughts, a painful album which lives up to its name.