Got a twitter admonition to watch my tone of voice in talking about the views of Kevin Williamson. Talk about false equivalency!
Here are some midday news/views items with impeccable tone:
* The “Dallas Ebola Patient,” who has a real name (Thomas Eric Duncan), dies.
* At the Prospect, Sue Sturgis has more on the Americans for Prosperity mailer in NC that seemed to be designed to confuse people about how and when to vote.
* CNN’s Peter Hamby totes up all of Martin O’Malley’s midterm chores and the favors he made have earned.
* At Vox Sarah Kliff explains why part-time Wal-Mart employees denied health insurance may be happy because now they qualify for Obamacare subsidies.
* Most Alaskans got a check for $1884 last week, one of the higher annual oil royalty checks paid out annually since 1982.
And in non-political news:
* Oh brother: “craft” sodas could be the next big thing.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Nighthawks, performing “Whammer Jammer” back in 1976 in Toronto.