My God, it’s raining again. Sign of the End Times?
Here are some less deluded midday news/views thoughts:
* Don’t miss Ari Berman’s map of states with new voting restriction put in place after 2010.
* Francis Wilkinson sees no signs political prosperity is doing anything to heal GOP divisions.
* Sally Kohn wonders if Republicans will be rewarded for being just slightly less extremist on reproductive rights issues.
* Texas Voter ID requirement working exactly as intended, preventing eligible voters from voting.
* Restrictions on “coordination” between campaigns and PACs being routinely ignored, which isn’t “news” but should never be accepted as normal.
And in non-political news:
* University of Michigan athletic director resigns; coach Brady Hoke must be feeling very lonely.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Bow Wow Wow, with “Do You Want to Hold Me,” which is sorta kinda about California, and was recorded shortly before Annabella was booted out of the band.