I’m going to be on KCRW’s To the Point show in just a few minutes, so there may be a lull in blogging.
Here’s some midday fare, a lot of it bitter:
* The mascot of the GOP midterm wave, indicated congressman Michael Grimm, getting a lot of coverage today.
* Obama invites both parties’ congressional leaders to White House for a talk. I hope it’s mainly ceremonial.
* ABC offers roundup of some of the races still too close to call.
* Chait sure seems to agree with my assessment of the futility of Obama trying to work with triumphant Republicans.
* Poll-dependent forecaster Sam Wang admits polls strongly underestimated Republican performance this year.
And in non-political news:
* Comcast hopes deal with UPS on equipment returns will help reduce its less than positive reputation.
As we break for lunch, here’s Gram Parsons (again with Emmylou) performing “Streets of Baltimore” in 1973. Buy a beer and cry into it.