By sheer force of habit I went to RealClearPolitics‘ “latest polls” tab this morning, and then remembered the election is over.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Sixth Circuit three-judge panel rules 2-1 to reinstate same-sex marriage bans in four states. SCOTUS intervention increasingly sure bet.
* Hatch and Grey issue first big GOP rationalization for keeping “nuclear option” now that they control the Senate. It’s truly hilarious.
* House Democrats are in disarray, anonymous sources tell Politico!
* Oh boy: Ted Cruz in line to chair main Senate subcommittee on science policy.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Pollack examines the power–for good and for ill–of analogies used by politicians–e.g., Joni Ernst’s hog castration pledge.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses Haley Edwards’ TIME article on teacher quality, and notes the big problem is finding ways to adequately assess teachers, not mustering the will to “throw out bad apples.”
And in non-political news:
* Jeopardy category “Not a Successful Rap Musician” probably not well-conceived.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with Living Colour’s great performance of “Love Rears Its Ugly Head” on Arsenio Hall’s show.