Beautiful day outside, hellish bellows of triumphalism online; a really hard time for blogging.
But here are some midday news/views items, not all of them tasty:
* Uh-Oh. SCOTUS to review ACA subsidy issue even though there’s not presently a split among circuits. Not a good sign.
* In wake of mixed results on legalization initiatives Tuesday (pot legalization in Oregon and DC, medical marijuana failure in Forida), Gallup shows enduring majority for legal pot but not by as large a margin as earlier.
* Paul Waldman explains how Mitch McConnell’s trying to make a gutting-Obamacare bid sound like a pro-worker initiative.
* Ed Gillespie finally concedes.
* Quo Pro Quid: McConnell says he’ll back Rand Paul for president if he runs.
* Obamacare “window-shopping” period to open this weekend before beginning of new enrollment period on 11/15.
And in non-political news:
* New dress code for Starbucks employees not going over well.
As we break for lunch: did you know Johnny Rivers went through a psychedelic phase? I remember it. Here he is with a different version of “Hey Joe.”