Here are the remains of the day for this abbreviated Federal Holiday Lite Blogging schedule:
* Ron Fournier attacks idea of GOP midterm electoral mandate; voters are clearly endorsing ronfournierism.
* Former senior commander in Iraq and Afghanistan pushes back against idea that another U.S. “surge” can work–because last “surge” didn’t, either.
* TPM’s Sahil Kapur fingers six Senate Dems most likely to cooperate with Mitch McConnell.
* New revenue estimates after Sam Brownback’s re-election indicate even deeper state budget deficits.
* At College Guide, Andre Perry argues sex ed essential to Common Core.
And in non-political news:
* Big Booty trend is Big Business.
That’s it for Veterans Day. We’ll close with Loretta Lynn’s “Dear Uncle Sam.” The song speaks for itself.