Looks like we’re gearing down to a really heavy end-of-the-week here in politics-land. Get ready for some unusual levels of conservative hysteria right on into Thanksgiving. Maybe lay in some ABBA music and comfort food for counterpoint, or roast that turkey early and go ahead and put up the tree.
Here are some remains of this day:
* Politico has a write-up of the actual expanded DACA declaration they expect Obama to make tomorrow. No huge surprises; he’s “going big,” but staying on consistent legal ground.
* Latest craziness in the Uber/Buzzfeed battle.
* Tomasky predicts chain reaction from horrific synagogue murders in Jerusalem may produce next intifada.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman was prophetic in noting the powerful backlash against NSA reform bill from “the bad guys.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses trends in “study abroad:” for Americans, still unusual, and still mostly limited to wealthy.
And in nonpolitical news:
* 50% of country covered in snow–in mid-November.
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with Badfinger performing “Suitcase.” Really good song.