One more trip this weekend back home to the Central Coast. And then we turn around and head right back east for Xmas before you know it. But they say it’s been raining while I was gone!
Here are some remains of the day:
* That Fix ranking of 2016 GOP presidential candidates that listed Rand Paul first had Christie 2d, Bush 3d and Rubio 4th. I really, really don’t get it.
* Jelani Cobb suggests we stop talking about “racial profiling” and just call it by its actual name: “racism.”
* And speaking of race, Max Fisher wonders why Marty Peretz’s racist outbursts didn’t produce the kind of exodus of TNR staff we saw today. Unfair, I think, but it probably needs to be answered.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Stoehr argues Obama can add to his legacy by insisting on a Surgeon General nominee who thinks gun violence is a public health issue.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports the U.S. Education Department is talking about evaluating Ed Schools. About time.
And in non-political news:
* Big crazy mess over Rolling Stone‘s reporting of a rape and a culture encouraging sexual assault at the University of Virginia.
That’s it for Friday. Martin Longman will be in tomorrow for Weekend Blogging. Let’s close with one more Sonny Boy Williamson performance: “I’m a Lonely Man.”