With company coming in, it’s going to be another active weekend (not to mention dealing with the copy edits on my upcoming book), but I will definitely finish up thinking about summary themes to end 2014 with a bang at PA. You can help end our annual fundraising drive with a bang by donating whatever you can afford, and we’ll appreciate it!
* Dave Weigel treats furor over The Interview as yet another 2014 overreaction to a “threat.”
* Sam Baker adds up all the bad news for liberals SCOTUS might provide in 2015.
* Reagan economic adviser Feldstein lobbies for freaking out over inflation.
* At TNR, Dennis Jett compiles the long list of treaties the GOP is blocking.
* At Ten Miles Square, Julia Azari mulls meaning of better economy for Democrats longing for populism.
And in non-political news:
* Retrospective on career of one of my favorite actors, Robert Mitchum, 17 years after his death.
That’s it for Friday. David Atkins and D.R. Tucker will be in for weekend blogging tomorrow. Let’s close with one more Metallica performance: “Hit the Lights,” in Sofia in 2010.