Got home about 1:00 AM this morning after long flight delay, just in time for short winter’s sleep before a return to PST blogging schedule. So that’s another reason other than likely low readership for taking it a little light this afternoon, though not so light that we’ll forget to remind you there’s just five more days to make a tax-deductible donation to the Washington Monthly! Thank you for your continuing support.
Here are some midday news/views snacks left over from yesterday’s revels:
* Bernie Sanders sets March deadline for deciding for or against presidential run.
* Krugman really baits the trolls, declares 2014 the year of “yes, we can.” Heads exploding across the land.
* 2016 paradox: unusually diverse GOP prez field will spend most of its time denying identities and appealing to same old honkified base.
* Budowsky declares “Ready for Pope Francis” movement.
And in non-political news:
* Will Jim Harbaugh turn down blandishments from alma mater plus enough money to choke a wolverine?
As we break for lunch, here’s Metallica performing the violent but vaguely antiwar “For Whom the Bell Tolls” on the Late Late Show.