So 2014’s end-of-year fundraising campaign ends tomorrow, and we’re hoping for a big finish. If you’ve been unmoved by other appeals, maybe you’re one of the people who enjoy–or at least are intrigued by—PA’s music videos. I figure we posted about 900 or so in 2014, and I hope there were a few that brought back happy memories or surprised you with joyful noise. In any event, please make a tax-deductible donation today in whatever amount you can afford! And thank you!
Here are some remains of the day:
* John McCain purging his conservative tormenters in local AZ party posts, apparently indicating a 2016 re-election bid.
* Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) resigns from Congress after pleading guilty to felony tax fraud.
* Seems the big Republican idea for reducing income inequality is to cut corporate tax rates. Seriously.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare “rewhacks the zombie” of the Laffer Curve.
* At College Guide, Kirk Carapezza examines the “headwinds” faced by higher education in 2014.
And in non-political news:
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers get 2015’s first NFL draft pick.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with another birthday celebrant, Patti Smith, performing “We’re Gonna Have a Real Good Time Together.” Patti’s 68 today.