My wife is in Anchorage right now, where it’s a balmy 10 degrees, but could be a lot worse. I’ve warned her to steer clear of the Palin clan.
Here are the remains of the day:
* Israel and Hezbollah on brink of most serious confrontation since 2006 after two Israeli soldiers killed by missile strike.
* Rick Perry blithely says continuing criminal case against him won’t crimp his style on the 2016 campaign trail.
* Fascinating Alec MacGillis piece on Jeb Bush and Bill Belichik’s common years at Phillips Academy.
* Just can’t resist linking to this Onion article: “Bobby Jindal Not Sure He Willing To Put Family Through 2-Month Presidential Campaign.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Ladd says Greek elections show once again that you can’t solve big problems by plunging people into an economic depression.
* Fed says economy doing well, which immediately produces stock market drop. Go figure.
And in non-political news:
* It’s apparently always a good time to sell Americans trucks.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with a performance from Lilith Fair, the institution Sarah McLachlan did so much to build, in 1997, with Jewel and the Indigo Girls; their take on “The Water is Wide.”