Didn’t hit the seven-post mark before Lunch Buffet for the first time in a good while because I had some work to do on an article for the print magazine (my review of Huck’s book turned into something a bit different). Hope you’ll enjoy it when it comes out.
Here are some midday news/views tasty treats:
* Andrew Sullivan announces he’ll soon renounce the blogging life.
* Elijah Cummings says Hillary Clinton now ready to testify on Benghazi! If I were her I’d let Jon Stewart script it.
* Lotta complaining from congressional Republicans over poor ratings handed out by Heritage Action.
* Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearings on Loretta Lynch show unflappable nominee dealing with Republicans dragging her through entire history of Obama administration.
* Administration backs off part of higher ed proposal that would have substituted other incentives for “529 plans” popular with upper- and upper-middle-class parents.
And in non-political news:
* PPP finds plurality of Americans think Pats are cheaters, but team still trails Cowboys as “most hated” in NFL.
As we break for lunch, here’s Sarah McLachlan, who is 47 today, performing in an award-winning 1992 video for “Into the Fire.”