Making plans not to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. Always an excellent time to go grocery shopping.
Here are some non-tailgate news/views snacks:
* Romney devotes much of a speech in Starkvegas to an attack on HRC. More about that later.
* Bloomberg’s Lisa Lerer calls this the re-re-rebranding of the Mittster.
* White House goes after Israeli ambassador Ron Dermer for engineering Netayahu appearance before Congress–but won’t go on the record.
* Scott Walker’s higher ed budget bad bad news for University of Wisconsin. Sorry, Bucky, Poppa’s running for president.
* TNR refugee John Judis lands at National Journal, which is about to publish a piece by him called “The Emerging Republican Advantage.”
And in non-political news:
* Gas truck explosion at children’s hospital in Mexico City wreaks terrible havoc, with four deaths counted so far.
As we break for lunch, here’s Uriah Heep with “Gypsy.” Decided the twenty-five minute live version from Japan was a bit much.