So if you can manage to be awake at 3AM EST tonight, you can start binging on Season Three of House of Cards. That’s at a manageable midnight here on the West Coast, if you don’t start work at 5:00 like I do.
Here are some remains of the day:
* As we speak, House GOPers are meeting to figure out how the hell to get out of the jam they are in. They’ll probably loft some temporary funding measure.
* MO State Auditor and presumed 2016 Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Schweich dies of apparently self-inflicted gun wound.
* More than a million 2014 Obamacare enrollees picked different health plan for 2015.
* At Ten Miles Square, Chad Stanton argues that opponents of public education willing to use private school movement originally created to avoid integration.
* At College Guide, Robert Kelchen warns that New York’s Accelerated Study in Associate Programs initiative could divert resources from part-time students most needing help.
And in non-political news:
* Woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape gets to tell her side of story in The Hunting Ground, a new film on campus sexual assaults premiering in NY and LA tomorrow.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with something you probably would not expect from Sandie Shaw: a cover of “Sympathy For the Devil.”