Saved myself some trouble and just watched the last few minutes of last night’s NCAA men’s championship game. With 5th championship of Coach K era, sorta doubt they’ll be burning too many couches in Durham. Even less chance of disturbances in Storrs if Auriemma wins 10th for UConn women tonight.
Here are some non-athletic news/views treats:
* Dylan Byers complains about HRC not telling reporters when, exactly, she’s announcing presidential bid. I’m sure she enjoys every single whine.
* Sally Kohn argues nobody’s making conservative Christians do anything, unless they insist on professions that necessarily fall under public regulation.
* One reason Emanuel heavily favored in today’s Chicago mayoral balloting is that early voting low in Latino areas.
* Quinnipiac polls show Toomey well ahead of Sestak in PA, but Strickland well ahead of Portman in OH.
* Obama suggests Walker won’t make dumb mistakes on presidential negotiating powers once he’s had a chance to “bone up on foreign policy.” Ha-larious.
And in sorta non-political news:
* White riots after Kentucky basketball loss Saturday somehow did not compel militarized police reaction.
As we break for lunch, here’s Billie Holiday performing “Body and Soul” live in Los Angeles in 1945.