Got into a Twitter-fight with a conservative historian about Lincoln this afternoon. Not the best medium for this sort of thing. Finally extricated myself by promising to read his book.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Huck is furious about Obama calling Michael Sam. Nice friendly Mike is so, so 2008.
* Pew Poll shows very few people used to favor legalization of pot, but now don’t.
* Medicare Doc Fix is wired to happen, but not until both parties get to offer symbolically rich but doomed amendments.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare makes the case for letting kids range semi-free.
* At College Guide, Andre Perry discusses the return of teachers unions to charter-dominated New Orleans.
And in non-political news:
* Soul singer Percy Sledge dies in Baton Rouge at the age of 73.
That’s it for Tuesday. We’ll have some Percy Sledge music tomorrow. For now let’s honor another of today’s Birthday Girls, Sonja Kristina. Here she is with Curved Air performing “Back Street Love” on German TV’s Beat Club in 1971.