Kind of a wild morning with news coming from every direction. I like that.
Here are some midday news/views treats harvested from this morning’s cornucopia:
* Labour and Tories dead even in final polls for tomorrow’s British elections.
* Big WaPo story from Gold and Costa has anonymous Team Jeb members getting perilously close to open dissing of Great Corn God–Iowa itself!–in talking about strategy to peak and win late in the nominating process.
* Extremely weird story from out here in California: aide to Attorney General Kamela Harris among three people arrested for posing as members of fictitious police agency with pedigree dating back to the Knights Templar.
* Pamela Geller whines about criticism she’s received for provoking shootings in Texas; says she’s a freedom fighter in a “war.”
* Eduardo Porter makes the case government a big factor in creating inequality.
And in non-political news:
* Katy Perry defends Kardashians by arguing that without their fame we wouldn’t know about the Bruce Jenner saga. Um…. how many gold medals did Jenner win?
As we break for lunch, here’s Link Wray again from Winterland performing “Rawhide.”