I’m probably going to have to discipline myself not to read and write about Elizabeth Stoker Breunig pieces on the same day. It’s a real time sink.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Tony Perkins summons Scott Walker to DC to convince Christian Right leaders he’s kosher on “their” issues. More about this tomorrow.
* Jeb finally breaks down and joins the crowd in saying he would not have invaded Iraq if he knew what we know today.
* MO House Speaker (a family-values Republican, of course) resigns after it transpired he was sexting a college-aged intern.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo suggests a closer reading of Obama’s remarks on poverty at Georgetown earlier this week.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman contends McCain attacks on Kerry should finally convince us the Arizonan is just a blood-thirsty old man.
And in non-political news:
* Tom Brady appealing four-game suspension for Deflate-gate.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with a typically unconventional Talking Heads song from the Eno-produced 1978 album, More Songs About Buildings and Food: “I’m Not In Love.”