My Chris Christie piece getting a good run at the top of the page at TPM. People love to see a bully fail and flail.
Here are some less Jersey-centric midday news/views treats:
* Los Angeles city council passes initiative aimed at boosting minimum wage to $15 by 2020.
* Tom Cotton predictably blocks Senate consideration of House-passed NSA reform bill, and is expected to offer straight extension of Patriot Act–which expires on June 1–instead.
* Star-Ledger editorial suggests NJ governor Chris Christie has “lost his marbles.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell argues job gain models for TPP are so cooked as to be useless.
* Huge charity fraud case brought by FTC and the states against four apparently phony cancer charities.
And in non-political news:
* Alabama ranked first, Georgia third in advanced statistical projections for 2015 college football season.
As we break for lunch, here’s the extremely less famous performance with which Joe Cocker began his set at Woodstock, covering Ray Charles’ “Let’s Go Get Stoned,” an exceptionally apt selection.