Got a pretty good pounding on Twitter today from triumphant antichoicers who seem absolutely certain they’ve found the silver bullet to kill Planned Parenthood. I doubt it, but we’ll see.
Here are some midday news/views items:
* At the Daily Beast Samantha Allen digs into the background of the “baby parts video” and quotes Planned Parenthood spox as categorically denying they’ve ever made a profit from distributing donated fetal tissue.
At the Atlantic, David Graham provides even more background on the Planned Parenthood “scandal,” including the interesting detail that the video footage was time-stamped over a year ago. If it reveals clearly illegal and barbaric activity, as its boosters are saying, why wasn’t it reported to authorities at the time?
* Democrats on the House Select Committee on Benghazi! charge the committee has abandoned its investigation of, well, Benghazi! to become just a star chamber investigating HRC.
* At the Plum Line Paul Waldman wonders, as I have, why none of the GOP presidential candidates are going after Donald Trump with a tire iron.
* Climate change edges economic instability and ISIS in Pew global survey of perceived threats.
And in non-political news:
* Trevor Noah gets up at 6:00 every day–6:00 PM, that is. Used to do that when I worked the graveyard shift at a potato chip factory.
As we break for lunch, here’s Linda Ronstadt performing one of her big 70s hits, “Heart Like a Wheel,” in Germany in 1976.