Caught myself napping a bit before the third and fourth items below. I’m ready for the week to end tomorrow.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Seems slain Tennessee terror suspect recently arrested for DUI. Some mujahideen, eh?
* Obama plunges into criminal justice reform debate with a visit to a federal prison in Oklahoma.
* At Ten Miles Square Rick Perlstein contrasts GOP tactical retreat on Confederate flag with true colors illustrated by Trump.
* At College Guide Jon Marcus examines sketchy estimates of cost to colleges of federal regulations.
* At The Grade Alexander Russo thinks Salon should have disclosed education writer’s consulting work for NEA.
And in non-political news:
* On 50th annivesary of I Dream of Jeannie, Barbara Eden says show ruined by marriage of two main characters.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with Denise LaSalle’s “Your Husband Is Cheating On Us.”