I’m probably a bit old to be a Depeche Mode fan, but then I probably found something in them I didn’t see in earlier “electronic” groups like Kraftwerk or contemporaneous acts like New Order: you know, depth and humor and a bit of musical complexity. But chacun a son gout and all that.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Hillary Clinton’s pretty clear in linking “Black Lives Matter” to her “heartbreak” over the death of Sandra Bland.
* Jeff Greenfield reminds us that Donald Trump is still engaging in birtherism.
* In another example of WaMo opinion diversity, my colleague Martin Longman offers a cri de coeur against Democrats abandoning Thomas Jefferson.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer agrees the research shows attending for-profit colleges is better than nothing–at least until you factor in how expensive they tend to be.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo predicts state-based reporters will continue to pry data on Common Core test results out of state departments of education earlier than the latter would wish.
And in non-political news:
* Harmless but disgusting “sea hares” showing up in Florida ocean waters. It’s always exciting in Florida, eh?
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with another Depeche Mode performance from 101, and from the concluding performance at the Rose Bowl: “Everything Counts.”