I’m going to have a lot of house guests this weekend, and may not check the news until Monday. Don’t let things get too out of control, okay?
Here are some remains of the day:
* Huck really getting desperate for antichoice support: he says in Iowa he’d consider deploying federal troops and the FBI to prevent entirely legal abortions.
* In other antichoice news, Senate Republicans beginning to get behind idea of appropriations confrontation over Planned Parenthood, which could lead to a government shutdown.
* At College Guide Daniel Luzer reports income-based student loan repayment plans in trouble as incomes stagnate and debt rises.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo predicts some of the good and bad “back to school” features we’ll be reading soon.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim discusses the job opportunities that may be missed because of the dim view millennials have of manufacturing.
And in non-political news:
* Bill Connelly’s fabulous 128-team college football preview reaches its apex, the SEC.
That’s it for Friday. Nancy LeTourneau will be in for Weekend Blogging. Let’s close with one of Roy Milton’s top hits: “R.M. Blues.”