Don’t know if Ashley Madison Hack news has run everything else off the aggregators, or it being August and all, there was nothing there to begin with. Lotta nervous people out there, especially if you count those who fear their email addresses may have been used to sign up for the cheating site without their knowledge.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Number of GOP presidential candidates coming out for repeal of birthright citizenship up to eight now.
* HRC credibly professes ignorance of technical elements of the Great Email Scandal of 2015.
* At College Guide, Emmanuel Felton discusses poll showing teachers now much less supportive of Common Core testing regime than parents.
* Also at College Guide, Daniel Luzer points to new evidence that attending college is no economic equalizer.
* At Republic 3.0, Liz Ben-Ishai discusses need for UI reforms that keep workers who quit jobs due to wildly erratic schedules eligible for benefits.
And in non-political news:
* 114-year-old man in Arizona says eating plenty of garlic, honey, cinnamon and chocolate is his secret. Yum.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with Earl Gaines and “I Can’t Face It.”