I’m taking a quick trip to Georgia this afternoon (as quick as 3,000 miles can be) for the weekend, which will require some alternative blogging arrangements this afternoon. But with any luck, I’ll post “Day’s End” from Sky Harbor in Phoenix right on time.
Here are some less mobile midday news/views treats:
* Sad: Jimmy Carter confirms his melanoma has spread from his liver to his brain.
But he’s getting radiation treatment.
* Uh-oh: Appears Bloomberg about to lay off some political reporters in DC and NY.
* At the Plum Line, Paul Waldman discusses the problem GOPers have in designing health care plans because they have to begin with total repeal of ACA.
* Semi-disgraced Family Values TV star Josh Duggar reported to have had an Ashley Madison accounts. He could have been hacked, but it’s not looking good.
* More protests in St. Louis County over another police killing.
And in non-political news:
* Struggling Phillies trade Chase Utley to Dodgers for prospects.
As we break for lunch, here’s another Sneaky Pete/Flying Burrito Brothers classic: a cover of Dave Dudley’s trucker classic “Six Days on the Road.”