This time of year, I am so grateful not to be working in some Capitol Hill-focused gig where you work long hours pretending things are actually happening.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Seems Bobby Jindal’s about to go after Trump in a National Press Club speech. What else does he have to do? Govern Louisiana?
* Highly influential progenitor of faux “Founders” history David Barton to head up umbrella group for pro-Cruz Super-PACs.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman challenges “militant atheist” physicist’s claim that science excludes the possibility of anything “sacred.” Dude’s knowledge of religion seems to be confined to views of people like Kim Davis.
* At College Guide, Emmanuel Felton reports on poll showing adults who think they know the most about Common Core may actually know the least.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim raises alarm about heavy borrowings from 401(k)s.
And in non-political news:
* Cooks suffering the most rapid decline in real wages of any occupation since the Great Recession.
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with Otis covering “Satisfaction” right here in Monterey at the famous ’67 Pop Festival. Less than six months later, he was gone.