Crashed early last night after “short” work week telescoped extra Monday and Tuesday chores–after not exactly getting Monday off, either. Yeah, I know, nobody made me become a blogger.
Here are some less burdensome midday news/views snacks:
* 28 House members–all men–have signed Mulvaney letter pledging to vote against any and all appropriations measures including funds for Planned Parenthood.
* Jamelle Bouie thinks the “loyalty pledge” may make it more, not less, likely that Donald Trump runs as an independent.
* At MoJo Molly Redden argues that abortion availability restricts in some places amount to a rollback to the pre-Roe reality of having to access clinics in other states.
* A fairly deep dive into the identity of Trump supporters at RCP suggests they are older, less educated, and less wealthy than average GOPer, and drawn almost equally from supporters of other candidates.
* New PPP survey of SC shows 78% of GOPers in that state want Lindsey Graham to drop out of the presidential race.
And in non-political news:
* If you are unusually germ-o-phobic, read this article on the dirtiest areas of commercial aircraft at your own risk.
As we break for lunch, here’s an iconic Otis performance of “Can’t Turn You Loose” from Ready! Steady! Go! in 1966.