So we finally got a BloggingheadsTV episode taped when Skype came back up, and it was fun to talk with Sarah Posner about All Things Religious in contemporary politics, since there’s a lot right now (the competition for conservative evangelical votes, the Planned Parenthood defunding crusade, the Pope’s visit, etc.). I’ll let you know when it’s available.
Here are some more routine midday news/views snacks:
* Senate Democrats successfully filibuster 20-week abortion ban, which gets 54 votes.
* WaPo’s Jim Tankersly notes debts and deficits no longer at top of GOP agenda. Not necessarily good news for MSM favorite John Kasich, is it?
* On the other hand, fiscal responsibility of GOP presidential campaigns still matters, or so hopes tight-fisted Rubio manager.
* At National Journal, Clare Foran looks at how all the Washington-based “faith groups” are preparing for the Pope’s visit.
* Ted Cruz didn’t have a very light-hearted visit with Colbert.
And in non-political news:
* Hard to believe Chaka Khan booted off Dancing With the Stars before Gary Busey or Paula Deen.
As we break for lunch, here’s another Finnish performance by Bobby Radcliff, with “Woman Please.” You can definitely dance to it.