Most people think Little Sonny was named after his idol Sonny Boy Williamson, but seems his mama called him that long before he picked up a harmonica. Serendipity.
Here are some serendipitous midday news/views treats:
* For people who can’t get enough of Iowa political minutiae, Craig Robinson’s published a useful list of the 50 most important people who will be involved in the Republican Caucuses, and who if anyone they are backing.
* At the Prospect, Clyde Prestowitz and David Dayen discuss the final wrinkles in and ultimate fate of the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
* At WaPo Amanda Bennett examines the changing nature and debatable future of that hardy political institution the think tank.
* Analysis of grammar regularity of online debate materials submitted by presidential campaigns shows Democrats with a lot fewer errors.
* U.S. Commander in Afghanistan admits air strike on hospital a “mistake.”
And in non-political news:
* Seems wildlife population at abandoned Chernobyl nuclear site doing as well as in areas where humans are still strutting their stuff.
As we break for lunch, here’s Little Sonny with “Going Down Slow.”