* Today the Republican presidential nominee called our current POTUS and FLOTUS “losers and babies.” I guess this is what an “unshackled” Trump looks like.
* I love the part in that video where Trump warns that if Clinton is elected, we have four more years of Obama. The American public responds: bring it on!
#Obama Job Approval: Approve 55% (-); Disapprove 42% (-). Get the full trend https://t.co/xYJfJ8aX3g.
— GallupNews (@GallupNews) October 21, 2016
* Since we’re talking about how much the President likes to campaign for Democrats, here’s some interesting news on that front:
President Obama has recorded a remarkable number of personalized television commercials for down-ballot Democrats to air across the country during the next two weeks.
“I will not be on the ballot, but everything we’ve done is going to be on the ballot,” he explained last week at a fundraiser for Ohio Senate candidate Ted Strickland…
POTUS will appear in closing TV spots for at least five Senate candidates and radio ads for two more: Florida’s Patrick Murphy, California’s Kamala Harris, North Carolina’s Deborah Ross, Pennsylvania’s Katie McGinty, and Illinois’ Tammy Duckworth. He’s on radio for Nevada’s Catherine Cortez Masto and New Hampshie’s Maggie Hassan.
The spot running for Murphy features Obama speaking directly to the camera in Spanish. He carried the Sunshine State twice and narrowly won in 2012 because of strong voter registration among Puerto Ricans. Marco Rubio’s narrow lead can be chalked up, in part, to the fact he is over-performing Trump among Hispanics. “Gracias, amigos,” the commander-in-chief signs off at the end.
* Things aren’t going real well for Trump’s BFF Chris Christie.
In bombshell testimony Friday, Bridget Anne Kelly said that she told New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) that access lanes to the George Washington Bridge would be closed for a traffic study a month before the plan actually was carried out in September 2013.
The former deputy chief of staff testified that the governor approved the study, which prosecutors allege actually was cover-up for a revenge plot against a local Democratic mayor.
Christie has long maintained that he knew nothing about the lane closures that brought traffic in the town of Fort Lee, New Jersey to a days-long standstill until he read about them in the press in late September or early October 2013. Yet Kelly and other former Christie allies have contradicted what Christie’s said about what he knew of the lane closures and when throughout the federal trial investigating the so-called Bridgegate scheme.
* When red states started to cut off Medicaid funds for women’s health providers that performed abortion services, the Obama administration let them know that it was illegal to do so. That was backed up by another federal court yesterday.
A federal judge on Thursday sided with women’s health provider Planned Parenthood in a lawsuit aiming to block a Mississippi law that barred medical providers that perform abortions from participating in the state’s Medicaid program.
The decision by U.S. District Judge Daniel Jordan III is the latest in a string of rulings striking down similar laws elsewhere in the country against the women’s health provider.
Jordan’s two page order noted a ruling from the 5th U.S. District Court of Appeals that rejected a similar law in Louisiana, saying “essentially every court to consider similar laws has found that they violate” federal law.
* Take a look at what happens when millennials listen to the commencement speech Hillary Clinton gave back when she was their age.
* Finally, this ad is powerful. Nuff said. Just watch it.