Here’s a roundup of the reaction to Comey’s testimony today at the Senate Intelligence Committee.
* Other than putting the word “lies” in quotes, the New York Times came out blazing.
— Greg Sargent (@ThePlumLineGS) June 8, 2017
* Speaking of lies, that seemed to be a theme for Comey.
* Even Chris Wallace said it wasn’t a good day for Trump.
Fox’s Chris Wallace explains why today’s hearing was very damaging to Trump politically. Remember this when his network defends Trump. pic.twitter.com/pVZP2xUL0D
— Matthew Gertz (@MattGertz) June 8, 2017
* Never fear, Brietbart came through with the right wing’s favorite reaction.
ah yes, cornering the pro-Trump millennial market pic.twitter.com/KBBsYMqTjX
— Simon Maloy (@SimonMaloy) June 8, 2017
* Meanwhile, Speaker Ryan pulls out the old “naïveté” excuse.
— The Lead CNN (@TheLeadCNN) June 8, 2017
The naïveté excuse may be how Trump ultimately escapes accountability. Republicans are treating him like a child more than any liberal has.
— Jamil Smith جميل كريم (@JamilSmith) June 8, 2017
* The Washington Post has some interesting graphics about how the cable news channels handled their chyrons in real time during the hearing.
* Finally, I don’t think it will come as a surprise that the whole thing reminded me of this song. Anyone know what happened to Jonny Lang?