WEDNESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* McCain fans get violent in Miami.
* More of the same: “Authorities at the University of Kentucky are trying to find out who hung an effigy of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on campus.”
* Sarah Palin has already been the subject of multiple ethics complaints; what’s one more?
* It looks like there are quite a few cheapskates in the Senate Democratic caucus.
* The right is now unabashedly anti-equality? These guys have really fallen off the ideological cliff.
* By Rudy Giuliani’s own standards, he can’t possibly vote for John McCain.
* Rep. Chris Shays, a Connecticut Republican: “[John McCain] has lost his brand as a maverick.”
* Ari Fleischer should probably brush up on GOP talking points before appearing on CNN.
* The next stimulus bill will be debated in the House after the election, but before the winter holidays.
* I get the sense that McCain doesn’t know what a “safety net program” is.
* And finally, Jonathan Stein made an interesting observation yesterday: while the DNC’s site is heavily promoting Obama, the RNC’s site doesn’t feature McCain at all. I just checked a moment ago, searching the RNC’s home page. It features Obama’s name six times, and doesn’t mention its own party’s presidential nominee even once.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.