FRIDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* As of this minute, we don’t know who Barack Obama’s running mate is.
* Russia doesn’t appear to be in any kind of rush in Georgia.
* Did the McCains embellish their Mother Teresa adoption story? Maybe.
* It must be terribly unpleasant to be Evan Bayh’s neighbors today.
* Spencer Ackerman has a good item on Obama’s response today to developments in Iraq.
* Media Matters launched “County Fair” today, a media blog “featuring news links and progressive media criticism from around the web, along with commentary from Eric Boehlert and Jamison Foser.”
* I’m probably a big geek, but I really like the video fact-checking clips the Obama campaign’s been doing.
* Krugman: “So the Obama campaign is going all out on the issue of McCain’s multiple houses. Isn’t that kind of stupid? Yes, it is — and it was also necessary.”
* McCain probably didn’t expect Robin Leach’s support, and probably wishes he hadn’t received it.
* Oliver Willis: “Dave Mudcat Saunders could be the greatest political operative since Machiavelli, no Democrat should be working with a guy who sleeps with the confederate flag on his bed.”
* And finally, it’s not nearly as bad as the house flap, but it’s not encouraging that John McCain doesn’t know what kind of car he drives.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.