FRIDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* Tonight’s debate is on. More on that very soon.
* Mike Huckabee argued that John McCain made a “huge mistake” by even raising the possibility of skipping tonight’s presidential candidate debate.
* McCain campaign ads are still on the air today. That’s not a suspension we can believe in.
* A new national poll from CBS News/New York Times shows Obama leading McCain by five, 47% to 42%. (Among likely voters, the margin is the same, 48% to 43%.)
* In Florida, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by one, 48% to 47%.
* In Ohio, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by one, 47% to 46%.
* In New Hampshire, Research 2000 shows Obama leading McCain by four, 48% to 44%.
* In Arkansas, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by nine, 51% to 42%.
* In New York, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by 19, 57% to 38%.
* In Massachusetts, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by 20, 58% to 38%.