WHAT’S NEXT?…. John Dickerson argued this week that John McCain’s reckless, erratic behavior will almost certainly continue. “The beneficial effects of the Palin Hail Mary lasted only a few weeks, and another adrenaline injection was needed,” Dickerson said. “If this one doesn’t work, that’s OK — in due time they can try another razzle-dazzle play. And if it does work, that’s great — in due time they can still try another razzle-dazzle play.”
OK, but what might the next Hail Mary pass look like? Today, Slate considers a few options.
1. Returns to Vietnam and jails himself.
2. Offers the post of “vice vice president” to Warren Buffett.
3. Challenges Obama to suspend campaign so they both can go and personally drill for oil offshore.
4. Learns to use computer.
5. Does bombing run over Taliban-controlled tribal areas of Pakistan.
6. Offers to forgo salary, sell one house.
7. Sex-change operation.
8. Suspends campaign until Nov. 4, offers to start being president right now.
9. Sells Alaska to Russia for $700 billion.
10. Pledges to serve only one term. OK, half a term.
How about you? Any guesses on what stunt Senator Hothead might pull next?