MONDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* The market is back up over 9,000 again, at least for now, with the Dow closing up over 400 points.
* Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke approves of the idea of a second stimulus package.
* Joe Biden allowed reporters to sift through his medical files for several hours today, and made his personal physician available to reporters. Biden appears to be in fine health.
* Romney stammered when asked if Sarah Palin is ready to lead the nation. Oops.
* Over the weekend, a Republican political consultant, who owns a firm that’s been registering hundreds of thousands of voters and gathering petition signatures, was busted for … wait for it … voter registration fraud.
* Contrary to what Dana Milbank reported last week, the Secret Service denies having any role in keeping journalists from talking to voters at McCain/Palin rallies.
* Judith Miller is ending up at Fox News.
* Taking infrastructure seriously again. What a concept.
* The “fair tax” really is pure policy insanity.
* Are election boards ready for November 4?
* Rep. Vito Fossella (R-N.Y.) was found guilty of driving while under the influence.
* And it’s one thing to for Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) to call for a new round of McCarthyism, but it’s slightly worse for her to lie about it. Note to Bachmann: you’re only making matters worse.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.