TUESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* Obama will leave the campaign trail on Friday and Saturday to visit his grandmother, who helped raise him, and who is gravely ill in Hawaii.
* Obama is hosting an economic forum in Lake Worth, Fla., this afternoon, featuring governors, business leaders, and economic experts.
* Just one day after Sarah Palin criticized the use of robocalls, she recorded her own robocall.
* The Republican Party of Florida has begun attacking Obama on, of all things, crime.
* In Florida, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by one, 49% to 48%.
* In Colorado, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by five, 51% to 46%.
* In North Carolina, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by three, 51% to 48%.
* In New Hampshire, Research 2000 shows Obama leading McCain by seven, 50% to 43%.
* In Indiana, Public Policy Polling shows Obama leading McCain by two, 48% to 46%.
* In New Jersey, Quinnipiac shows Obama leading McCain by 17, 59% to 36%.
* And don’t forget to keep an eye on that Senate race in Kentucky. According to SurveyUSA, it’s tied.