FRIDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Another rough day on Wall Street, with the Dow falling over 300 points.
* Bush voted for McCain today.
* It wasn’t too long ago that McCain was quite the socialist.
* He also used to pal around with Chilean dictators.
* The New York city council cleared the way for Michael Bloomberg to seek a third term as mayor.
* Republicans lose another round in court: “The Indiana Supreme Court has declined to approve a bid by the GOP to shut down early voting centers in Democratic strongholds of a key county.”
* I’m beginning to think that when it comes to responsible use of limited resources, AIG maybe, just maybe, is a little on the unreliable side.
* Joe Wurzelbacher is thinking about running for Congress. Seriously.
* Right-wing personalities still can’t quite give up on the whole Obama birth-certificate thing. How very sad.
* I thought the story surrounding Rep. Tim Mahoney’s (D-Fla.) scandals couldn’t get any worse. I stand corrected.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.