SATURDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* The Obama campaign unveiled a two-minute ad this morning that emphasizes Obama’s economic plan and how he’d pay for it. McCain and Bush aren’t mentioned.
* In other Senate news, Obama cut a new TV ad for Oregon’s Jeff Merkley, the first commercial Obama has done for a Democratic Senate candidate this year.
* In Ohio, a new Ohio Newspaper Poll shows Obama leading McCain by three, 49% to 46%. A month ago, this same poll showed McCain up by two.
* In Colorado, a new Rocky Mountain News/CBS4 poll shows Obama leading McCain by 12, 52% to 40%.
* In New Hampshire, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by four, 50% to 46%.
* In Iowa, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by eight, 52% to 44%.
* Nationally, Newsweek shows Obama leading McCain by 12, 53% to 41%.