TUESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* After dropping to a five-year low yesterday, the Dow soared by about 900 points today.
* It took a while, but Sarah Palin finally agreed that Ted Stevens should resign.
* Just think, if you only watched Fox News, you probably wouldn’t even know that Stevens was a convicted felon.
* If you build it, they will watch: in just its second month, “The Rachel Maddow Show” on MSNBC is beating CNN’s “Larry King Live” in the key demo that advertisers care about.
* Another Republican is backing Obama: this time, it’s former Rep. Charles McC. Mathias Jr. of Maryland.
* Wait, the McCain’s Keating scandal can get worse.
* It’s painful to think 15% of women in the Armed Services who served in Iraq or Afghanistan were victims of sexual assault or sexual harassment during their tours of duty. It’s also completely unacceptable.
* I find it hard to relate to someone who uses words like “intellectualoids.”
* Great, now we have right-wing blowhards attacking the poor. Classy.
* Notice how calm the Obama campaign’s Bill Burton seems while Fox News’ Megyn Kelly gets angry.
* And finally, my most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Dean Barnett, who died yesterday after a lengthy fight with cystic fibrosis. He was just 41 years old.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.