FRIDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* McCain can’t implement Bush’s GOTV strategy, because he can’t afford it.
* A right-wing outfit called the National Republican Trust PAC will air Jeremiah Wright ads nationwide through the election.
* North Carolina has extended its early voting hours.
* The McCain campaign apparently doesn’t spell-check its television ads.
* Kay Hagan hits back against Liddy Dole’s “godless” ad.
* In Ohio, a National Journal poll shows Obama leading McCain by seven (48% to 41%).
* In Florida, a National Journal poll shows Obama leading McCain by one (45% to 44%).
* In New Mexico, Public Policy Polling shows Obama leading McCain by 17 (58% to 41%).
* In Missouri, a Politico/InsiderAdvantage poll shows McCain leading Obama by three (50% to 47%).
* In Montana, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by four, 50% to 46%.
* In West Virginia, Public Policy Polling shows McCain leading Obama by 13 (55% to 42%).
* The latest New York Times/CBS News poll shows Obama leading McCain nationally by 11, 51% to 40%.